Monday, May 11, 2009

Awesome shopping trip today!!!




My Mom and I went shopping today. I have come to love grocery shopping thanks to coupons!!! We went to a few stores. We started out at WINCO. I bought: 4 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce, 3 containers of McCormicks pepper and 8 containers of Kraft individuals mac 'n' cheese, for a grand total of $4.11 Can you believe that!!!! I will explain how I did that. The Kraft BBQ sauce was on sale for .98 cents. I had 4 coupons for $1 off 1 bottle. So there for the BBQ sauce was FREE!! The McCormiks pepper was on sale for I think $1.29. I had 3 coupons for .75 cents off of 1. I paid .50 cents each. Finally the mac 'n' cheese was on sale for about .77 cents each. I had 4 coupons that were $1 off 2. I paid about .25 cents each. I was so excited when I saw my total.

Next we went to Rite Aid and I bought 3 packages of Trident gum regular price $1.29 on sale for .99 cents. I had 3 coupons for .75 cents off 1. I paid .75 for 3 packages of gum. AWESOME!!!

We then went to Fred Meyers where I hit the mother load. Oh my goodness it was so cool. I bought: 8 boxes of Kelloggs frosted mini wheats. They are regular $4.50 each. They were on sale for 2/$6. BUT Freddies had a coupon that dropped the price to 2/$3. Pretty good hu...NOPE!!! There was a limit of 8 with this 1 coupon. When you stack coupons you get even better deals. I used the freddies 2/$3 coupon PLUS 6 coupons for mini wheats that were $1 off 1 box. So that dropped the price from 2/$3 to 2/$1...thats right .50 cents each!!! I had 1 coupon for $1.50 off 2 boxes. So those were 2/$1.50 or .75 cents each. All in all I spent $4.50 for 8 boxes of the cereal. Now that is a great deal.

I also bought 3 boxes of band aids. Regular price $1.99 on sale for $1.40 but I had 3 coupons for $1 off 1 box. That dropped my band aids to .50 cents each.

I bought 2 large boxes of pop tarts. I`m not sure what the regular price is but I believe its just over $3 each. They were included in the 2/$3 coupon that I used on my cereal. But once again I am not satisified with the store prices so of course I had a coupon. It was $1/2 boxes. It dropped the price to 2/$2 which is pretty good. $1 per box.

I spent for all this plus some bananas and 2 bags of salad, which of course was on sale, $12!!!!! Pretty awesome!!!

At safeway I bought 4 bottles of Kraft Mayo, regular price $4.29 (just over $17 for all 4 reg. price) on sale for $2.50. I used 4 $1 off coupons plus a Safeway double coupon. The double coupon doubles upto .50 cents. So it was an extra $2 off. This dropped my price down to $4. That is an incredible savings of almost $14!!!

I tell you I have gotten so into coupons that I have a hard time buying anything at regular price now. I wont spend more than $1 for cereal anymore.

Using coupons might not sound like fun or sound too time consuming but I have come to enjoy it. I enjoy sitting down on Sundays and looking through all the adds and clipping coupons. It has become relaxing to me. It does take time to plan and figure out what you are going to do ect. But think of the savings. $14 on mayo alone. $31.50 on cereal. On those 2 items alone I saved $45.50 today. Who doesnt need the money these days. What a great way to save money and build your food storage at the same time. If you ever have questions or want to start using coupons but arent sure how/where to start feel free to give me a call or email me. I would love to help you.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Holy Cow! I get soooo overwhelmed with the whole coupon thing. I need to sit down with you and have you show me the tricks. Awesome job.

Mat and Jamie said...

For my food storage class this month I am talking about coupons. You should come. Elaine is coming up from Vancouver just for that. It should be fun. It is the 3rd Thursday, I think the 18th?, at 6:30pm at my house.