Saturday, March 14, 2009

Best wheat bread ever


I made another new recipe today. I have to say it was so good. It truly tasted like store bought only better. When I watched the video of Crystel making this bread saying it tasted store bought I didnt believe her. So I tried it. I am now a believer.

WHEAT BREAD

1-1/4 c. warm water
1 Tbs. yeast
1/4 c. honey or 1/3 c. brown sugar (white works just as well)
2-3/4 c. wheat
1/4 c. wheat gluten (opt)
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. dry milk
1 Tbs. butter/margarine/oil
1 Tbs. vinegar
1/4 c. potato flakes NOT pearls (opt)

Sprinkle the yeast over the water & let it set for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients in order listed in a mixing bowl with dough hook 12-15 minutes. Let the dough rise until it is doubled, 1-1 ½ hours. Punch the dough down. Shape into a ball & roll it out on a floured counter into a rectangle no wider than you bread pan. Don’t roll it out real thin. Roll it up like a cinnamon roll. Pinch the seams together. Grease your pans & put the dough in the pan. Let rise until it has doubled. Bake 375° 20-30 minutes. If you have a glass pan cook at 350°.

FYI:
For the optional ingredients they ARE optional but make all the difference. They help to make the bread fluffier and lighter. I will make a post about dough enhancers and gluten in the next few days. If you cant add all of them add what you can. This truly tastes like store bought only better.

I like this bread so much I have decided to start making this bread and not buy bread from the store any more.

Enjoy

No comments: