Monday, March 30, 2009

Spaghetti Zucchini Bake & Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes


So I have been slacking on posting. I have tried several new things that I just have not had time to put up. I have a few minutes so I will try to get a few of them up. I have had so much fun trying all these new recipes. And I must say...I have lost 10 pounds in the process. YEAH!!! I did make some cookies the other day that were SO good I decided NOT to put the recipe in the cookbook I am making for myself and a few others. They were just too good so sorry I wont be passing that one on. If you have not checked out http://everydayfoodstorage.net yet, do, she has so much good info there. Anyways here is a few recipes that I tried and LOVED.

Spaghetti Zucchini Bake

1 lb. Penne or Macaroni Pasta
1 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage, cooked
2 cans 14 oz. Diced Tomatoes
1-2 cans Mushrooms (optional)
1 can Tomato Paste
1/4 c. Dehydrated onions
1-2 Cloves of Garlic

4-5 c. Zucchini, cut into large chunks
1 tsp. Oregano
2 tsp. Basil
2 c. Mozzerella Cheese, grated
Salt to Taste

Cook your pasta in boiling water until tender. Combine diced tomatoes, mushrooms, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, and basil in large pot. Heat to boiling and simmer for 5- 10 minutes.
While the noodles are cooking, cook the Italian sausage. Place zucchini chunks in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes (just to cook them slightly). Add zucchini and meat to sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in noodles and 1 c. of cheese and stir. If you don’t want to heat up your oven just place remaining cheese on the table for people to top with. Place Spaghetti Zucchini Bake in a 9×13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted. Make sure and watch it so the cheese doesn’t burn.


Another good recipe I have tried was:

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes

1 1/3 c. oatmeal
2 c. (1 pt.) buttermilk (see page on how to make your own)
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ c. wheat
½ tsp soda
1 egg (2 Tbs. egg powder + ¼ c. water)
2 Tbs. butter melted

Soak your oatmeal and milk for about 30 minutes. If you are using regular oats and not quick oats, soak them over night. ( I soaked my regular oats for 30 minutes and I think they turned out just fine.) Mix your dry ingredients into the milk/oatmeal. Then stir in the egg and melted butter.

I will try to get some more recipes posted soon.

Enjoy

No comments: