Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sweet 'n' sour meatballs & Chocolate milkshake

So last night I decided to try 2 recipes from Everyday food storage. For dinner I made sweet 'n' sour meatballs. These were so good. I have VERY picky eaters so I didnt put all the meatballs in the sauce. But my 2 yr old loved it with the sauce. Here it goes...

Sweet 'n' sour meatballs

MEATBALLS
2# ground beef (you could use ground turkey or chicken)
1/2 c. oats
1 egg (2 Tbs. egg powder & 1/4 c. water
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Mix all together. Roll into balls. You can either bake these in the over or you can cook them in a skillet with 2 or 3 Tbs butter.

SAUCE
1 can 20 oz pineapple chunks with juice
1/3 c. vinegar
6 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs soy sauce
3 Tbs corn starch mixed into 1/3 c. water

Cook in skillet until sauce is think.
Optional:
cut 2 green peppers into strips and add to the sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
3 tomatoes cut into wedges. Stir into sauce and serve immediately.

Add your meatballs and enjoy.


For dessert I made chocolate milkshakes with OUT any ice cream

CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES

1/2 c. water
3/4 c. powdered milk
1/3 c. chocolate powder (I wasnt sure what this was so I used nesquick)
2 c. ice
layer in a blender as listed. Blend until smooth.
Opt:
2 scoops of peanut butter.

My kids loved this. I did not add enough ice so it was a little watery. I promise you wont taste the powdered milk. I had to make the milk before hand so the kids didnt know what it was. I just quickly added the milk they didnt know any difference.

I have a few other recipes that I will post. I have not tried them yet but will do that before I post on here. Later this week I hope to try them. My 8 yr old is dying for me to make the home made hot pockets.

Jamie

No comments: