Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chocolate chip cookies

So I am still trying to figure out how to have a section for recipes. No luck yet but I`ll figure something out. Anyways I made chocolate chip cookies today. They turned out surprisingly good. I am NOT telling my kids what is in them. They do know that there is wheat but that is it. I got this recipe from http://everydayfoodstorage.net

Chocolate chip cookies

1/2 c. cooked white beans (I`ll tell you at the end how to do this if you dont know how)
1 c. brown sugar
mix together

4 eggs (1/4c. egg powder & 1/2c. water)
1 tsp. vanilla
add to the sugar/beans

2 1/4 c. finely ground wheat
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
shift together in a bowl.
add to beans. Stir until well blended.

2 c. chocolate chips
Opt. handful oats

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Bake 350 10-15 minutes

My kids loved these cookies. I didnt have my wheat grinder on the finest setting, I thought I did, so the wheat had TINY chunks so I just added some oats in case my kids asked what it was. Then I could tell them that it was oats. The last cookies I put in the oven I forgot about. They were in about 5 minutes too long but they were still soft. Not burnt at all. These are very soft cookies. With all the wheat I would have thought they would have been a heavy cookie but they werent. When I had my friend try them the 1st thing she said was they were soft.

You`ll have to try these. You dont taste the beans at all. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy
Jamie

No comments: