Thursday, March 19, 2009

Drinkable Powdered Milk


I looked in the fridge this morning and noticed that we are almost out of milk. I didn't want to go buy more when we get paid tomorrow and I do all my grocery shopping then. So I decided to try this recipe for powdered milk. It actually didn't turn out that mad. There was a little too much vanilla for me so next time I will just start with a little less and add more if I feel it needs it. Sitting here just now I realized why there was TOO much vanilla & sugar for that matter. The recipe was for 1 gal. I made 1 liter. Now it makes since duh!!!

Drinkable Powdered Milk

1 gal container to store your milk in
1 gal of water
3 c. powdered milk
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Get a 1 gal container to put your milk in. Fill it 1/2 full of cold water. Add your powdered milk to the water and stir it with a wire wisk. It WILL be thick!! Add either the sugar, vanilla or both to the milk. Finish filling the container with water and stir. Put the lid on and place in your fridge for atleast 6 hours to let the flavor develop.

If your not sure if your family will drink this try doing 1/2 powdered milk 1/2 your normal milk.

I`m not a milk drinker at all but this wasnt bad even though I added enough sugar and vanilla for 1 gal and I only made 1 liter. I`m sure it would be even better made the correct way.

Enjoy

No comments: