Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cheesy Baked Potato broccoli soup


For dinner tonight I made cheesy baked potato broccoli soup. I did make several modifications to it since I did not have all the ingredients. I will give you the recipe and below I will tell you what I did. They way I made it, it tasted like the canned broccoli cheese soup you can buy in a can that is expensive.

Cheesy Baked Potato Broccoli Soup

1 c. magic mix
1 1/2 c. water
3/4 c. sour cream
2-3 baked potatoes or microwave them
1 1/2 c. cheese
1 1/2 - 2 c. broccoli
a little salt n pepper
bacon bits to garnish

Put your magic mix and water in a pot and stir until it starts to thicken. Cut your potatoes into chunks like you would for potato soup. Cut up your broccoli into pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients into your pot. Cut your bacon into slices and cook it. Garnish your soup with it.

Here is how I did it. I didn't have any sour cream or bacon so I didn't use those. I HATE cooking with potatoes so I used my potato pearls instead. I just added..I`d say about 1/2 - 3/4 c. I add those to the water/magic mix. 2 of my kids don't like broccoli so instead of cutting it into chunks I just cut the very tops of them. So I just had little green dots in the soup. I also cut up a kielbasa sausage into little pieces and cooked them before I put them in. I mixed them into the soup. It was VERY good all though I kept adding milk because it was getting really thick.

Enjoy

No comments: