Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oatmeal On the Go Bars


I have been so sick of cereal every morning for breakfast and so have my kids. I found this recipe on everydayfoodstorage last night that I thought looked good so I thought I would make it today. Can I tell you how EASY and GOOD these were. MY kids gobbled them all up. The recipe made 12 muffins and they were ALL gone. Cody my pickiest eater of them all ate 3 or 4 himself!! That should tell you something. This calls for something called quick mix. I will add the recipe for that later. What it is, is homemade bisquick. I didnt have time to make it so I will be trying that later. I will let you know how it turns out. If you try it before let me know what you think. This isnt the best picture of the oatmeal bar but it gives you a general idea of what to expect allthough mine turned out much lighter than that. This picture also shows an egg that was cooked in the sandwhich maker. Just spray the bottom of the maker, crack the egg in the maker, salt n pepper. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes. Open the lid and spray the lid with non stick spray. Close the lid and flip the maker over so the top of the egg is now on top. Open the sandwich maker and put a plate over the egg and flip the sandwhich maker over so the egg is now on the plate. Every simple they they turn out great!!

Oatmeal On the Go Bars

1 3/4 c. quickmix or bisquick
3/4 c. oats
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg (2 Tbs. powdered egg + 1/4 c. water)
3 Tbs. powdered milk + 1 c. water
1 c. raisins
2 tsp. cinnimon

Mix all your ingredients in a bow until they are combined. Fill a sandwich maker 2/3 full with your batter and cook for about 2 minutes. If you do not have a sandwich maker you can make these into muffins by filling your muffin pan 2/3 full. Cook in a 350 deg. oven for 15-20 minutes.

These were really quick and great for those mornings that are crazy and hectic.

Enjoy

No comments: